NOTE: IAAGG membership meetings are free and open to the public. For additional information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Most meetings of the IAAGG take place from noon to 2 p.m., at the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, at 500 West Washington St., in downtown Indianapolis.
Parking is free in the White River State Park underground garage.
Lunch and snacks can be purchased in the museum's cafe.
Changes in meeting details are listed below. Watch this space for the latest on IAAGG happenings.
2015 Meeting Schedule
- APRIL 18th 1p.m. -3p.m. IAAGG Annual Meeting for members only. Location: Eiteljorg Museum Lower Level Board Room
- MAY 16th Wills & Probate-Your ancestor is gone but they have left a trail. The probate records hold more genealogical information than you think.
- JUNE 20 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. JUNTEENTH CELBRATION - Don't miss this family celebration of freedom, featuring the traveling African American History Museum: lectures and readings, including a presentation of the Emancipation Proclamation; music by the Asante Children's Choir; hands-on activities, including an ice cream-making demonstration by Freetown Village; the Black Cowboy Association; a community fair featuring local organizations; food; "red pop" (a Juneteenth staple) and much, much more! Stop by the IAAGG table to discover how to begin researching your black family history. (In partnership with the Indiana History Center, the Indiana State Museum, the Children's Museum, The Madame Walker Theatre and IUPUI) FREE to all.
- JULY 18th Indiana Black Expo - Indiana Convention Center
- August 15th Plotting Your Way-Maps and city directories go hand in hand. Learning more about your ancestor’s neighborhood and who else you may find there
- September 19th Conference 2015 Speakers: Michael Henderson & Robin Foster
- October 17th
- November 21st
- December 19th Holiday Party Noon - 2p.m. @ Eiteljorg Museum Join us for a pitch-in holiday Celebration and review the year of genealogical successes.
Other Genealogy Events