The Indiana African American Genealogy Group was established in 1999. The group was created by family researchers of all experience and interest levels.
Today our group skill levels still range from those who are begiinners to the more experienced genealogists and family historians. Which provides for a great learning experience for all.
Our vision - to discover and document the African ancestry in each family - lives through each person with whom we share, inform, and encourage everyone we touch. All are welcome!
Enhance the availability of resources for the study of African American genealogy by:
- Promoting the accumulation and preservation of African American genealogical
and historical materials.
- Uniting all individuals who want to share in the growth of
African American genealogy.
- Fostering and encouraging family research through education.
- Transcribing documents for public use and contribute to repositories.
- Promoting community awareness of the importance of family
history and preservation.